The Office Administrator (OA) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Society’s office. This includes organizing, coordinating, and undertaking office operations and procedures for organizational effectiveness. The OA identifies and recommends administrative operations that can assist the Society achieve its objectives. The OA reports to, and is supervised by, the Society’s President.
In addition to the above, the Office Administrator has the following tasks or duties:
1. Office Administration
- a. Plan and execute office operations in accordance with the Society’s by-laws and policies
- b. Ensure professional office practices are followed in the management of effective and efficient day-to-day office operations
- c. Back-up other staff/volunteers as needed
- d. Administer maintenance and service contracts for office equipment and systems
- e. Create, implement, and maintain an administrative filing system, including electronic files
- f. Prepare, respond to, and file correspondence on behalf of the office
- g. Coordinate and ensure all reporting requirements are complete and on time
2. Information and Communications
- a. Support the Society in presentations to current and future stakeholders
- b. Support the Board in their work to increase and strengthen relationships
- c. Provide membership liaison and supervision of membership records
- d. Maintain and keep all promotional information and website current
- e. Serve as a key point of contact for all inquiries re: the Society’s mandate and activities
3. Assistance to the Society Board
- a. Provide administrative support to all Board Committees including the Thrift Store, Fundraising, and Education
- b. Provide support to the Thrift Store manager as needed
- c. Attend regular and special Board meetings of the Society
- d. Assist with planning the AGM
4. Finance and Budgets
- a. Assist the Treasurer with the annual budget development
- b. Ensure prompt billing for all revenues and deposits of all cash receipts
- c. Ensure payments for all invoices and commitments
- d. Ensure preparation of timely financial records
- e. Ensure that the operations of the Society are within the Board approved budget
5. Other Duties as Assigned
- Organizational skills including the ability to maintain accurate records, files, reports, and databases.
- Effective English language communications ability both verbal and written (electronic and handwritten) forms.
- Intermediate level computer skills, meaning strong proficiency in internet and email, word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Experience with WordPress, Office 365 and desktop publishing are preferred
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Time management expertise; priority outcomes focussed
- Ability to be compassionate, professional, and discrete as required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 17, 2018
HOURS: 20-24 hours per week, Monday through Friday
SALARY: $20-24/hour based on experience & qualifications
Domestic Abuse Services serves and employs all people without discrimination.
Please submit resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please visit our website: http://domesticabuseservices.ca
Location: #201 – 14045 104 Avenue, Surrey, BC