Domestic Abuse Services – OLGCS is a not-for-profit organization committed to ending violence against women through education and action. DAS-OLGS is seeking energetic and skilled volunteers to assist with coordinating event logistics for the DAS-OLGCS Fundraising Events. This team will be reporting to the Fundraising-Special Events Chair.
- Assisting and coordinating with Fundraising Chair around Silent and Live Auction donations
- Assist with Event Notice distribution and Coordinate with office staff regarding the Event mail out.
- Liaise and coordinate with Fundraising Chair around event budget and time line
- Assist Fundraising Chair re event plan and time line
- Coordinate entertainment for the day
- Arrange tickets: sales and distribution / pledge drive
- Other duties as required
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to be detail orientated and creative.
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse populations.
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Background in event planning or volunteering at events an asset but not limited to.
Training & Support:
- On the job orientation
- On-going support and supervision from Fundraising-Special Events Chair.
- Evaluations, exit interviews, and letters of reference (upon request).
- To learn new and transferable skills, knowledge and experience in the area(s) of fundraising, event coordination, communications and volunteer coordination.
- To engage in opportunities for leadership, community service and personal/professional development.
- To be a part of a larger team or movement that is working towards social change.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions.