Unfortunately, domestic abuse victims are at most risk while within their own homes. As a result of school and business closures during these ever-changing times, we anticipate a significant increase in domestic abuse over the next few weeks; possibly months. We have made several adjustments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to keep our volunteers, staff and clients safer. The following measures have been implemented:
- Our HELP LINE will remain OPEN every day to provide victims with assistance during this especially difficult time. Our Help Line will also be extended to email@example.com to provide further contact measures when a phone call is not safe.
- Thrifters’ Paradise store is closed until further notice.
- April 2020 Help Line training sessions are cancelled (please contact our office if you wish to register for our October 2020 sessions).
- May 24th Founders High Tea postponed until further notice.
- June 28th Walk to Keep the Dream Alive postponed until further notice.
- As always, limited staff will be on site at Eva`s House to practice social distancing; however, staff will be available to the families for assistance at all times.