Unfortunately, domestic abuse victims are at most risk while within their own homes. As a result of school and business closures during these ever-changing times, we anticipate a significant increase in domestic abuse over the next few weeks; possibly months. We have made several adjustments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to keep our volunteers, staff and clients safer. The following measures have been implemented:
- Our HELP LINE will remain OPEN every day to provide victims with assistance during this especially difficult time. Our Help Line will also be extended to email@example.com to provide further contact measures when a phone call is not safe.
- Thrifters’ Paradise store is closed but we are schedule to re-open in June with new protocols in place to keep our volunteers and customers as safe as possible.
- April 2020 Help Line training sessions are cancelled. We are taking reservations for a training session in the Fall. Please contact 604.585.6688 to reserve your spot today.
- May 24th Founders High Tea postponed until further notice.
- June 28th Walk to Keep the Dream Alive has been rescheduled as a Fantasy Walkathon. More details will be available shortly on how to participate. We invite you to join us this important fundraiser to assist our Society in continuing our services during this uncertain time.
- As always, limited staff will be on site at Eva`s House to practice social distancing; however, staff will be available to the families for assistance at all times.
- Our head office remains open. Please call ahead if you need to visit our office. We ask you stay home at this time if you have a fever, cough or are generally unwell.